Monday, July 23, 2012

Bug Spray II

Print Friendly and PDF As I mentioned in my last post, the California Baby bug spray did not work. Since then I have been testing out a few more "natural" bug sprays. In other words, they don't have deet in them.

These are the ones that I (and Lexi) Have tried.


 These Avon product I would say KIND OF worked. You really need to remember to spray often. I'm not sure how long it lasts, but Lexi didn't get any bug bites in the 30 minutes after I sprayed her. But if I didn't spray again, she got bug bites. It was also nice that some of these also had 30spf sunscreen as well.

(Side Note)To avoid spraying her eyes and hands I sprayed into my hands and just rubbed it on her arms and face.

Here is another one we tried:








Kids Herbal Armor Insect Repellent Spray
I would also say that this one KIND OF worked. You do have to keep reapplying with these since the bugs are mostly deterred through the scent. The only thing with this product was that it didn't really spray, it seemed like the sprayer was clogged and it would shoot out in a straight stream. I tried to clean it, but it didn't work. So this product I would first spray on your hands and then apply to you child.


As I mentioned, these products only kind of worked only due to the fact you have to continuously reapply. So I asked my pediatrician about bug spray, and he truthfully told me that the natural sprays didn't really work 100%. He recommended that we use one that has AT LEAST 25% Deet in it. Of course I was very surprised when he said this, but I believe him. Anyway, to say the least, I think I will put natural sprays that go directly on Lexi's skin, and spray her clothes with the 25% Deet bug sprays. Just to be sure.

Okay, so hopefully we have solved the bug bite problem. =o) If anyone has other info about bug spray LET ME KNOW! =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment