Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Yummiest Soup EVER!

Print Friendly and PDF
Now that I'm not making baby food specifically, I figured that I would start to post some of my adult recipes on here.  I LOVE cooking, and try and cook at home every night. I won't post all of my recipes, but only the best ones! I do a lot of experimenting and recipe changes, but they are usually based on recipes I've seen or been given. So let's get cooking!

   This recipe was given to me by one of my friends. Her mom created the soup and it was really looked like it was going to be delicious. Of course, because EVERYTHING her mom makes is super yummy. But of course when I went to the store, they were out of leeks, so I had to improvise. 
And that, as it usually does, lead to more improvisations.  Here is the recipe she sent me along with my improvisations. (My improvisations are bolded and in pink.)

Super Yummy Soup.

  • One whole celery stalk (cut all the pieces in half vertically and then in slices horizontally)(I also add in the leaves of the celery heart. The light green part. I feel it gives the soup a fresh taste.)
  • 3-4 leeks ( cut same as above) wash them, they carry lots of dirt. (I used 2 Sweet Vidalia Onions)
  • 6-7 carrots( peel, cut same as above)
  • One can of Goya red kidney beans (drain and wash beans)
  • One chicken breast ( cut in very small pieces) (I did not put this in.)
    • (I made  turkey "dumplings". 
    • 1 lbs ground turkey, 
    • 1 tbsp of dried parsley. 
    • 1.5 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro. (You can use as much as you like or eliminate it altogether)
    • Salt. 
    • Pepper.)
  • Salt, pepper to taste.
  • 2 Goya chicken bouillons
  • One can of tomato paste, may add another half if you feel there is too much water.

There is no order of this ingredients, just put them all together (MINUS the beans and the turkey meatballs [if using]) in a pot of water covered and cook for about 1.5 hours on low heat after it boils.

Add the beans (and turkey meatballs) after an hour of cooking time.

I sprinkled a little chopped cilantro when serving. (I LOVE cilantro, so if you don't like it, just don't use it. =o)

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment