So this is how I made it: (I think this is okay for all types of melon as well)
- Cut up the melon into small pieces. They don't need to be too small, but not too big.
- Get a medium sized pot of water ready with it about 1/2 was full.
- Cook the pieces for just a few minutes, until tender but not mushy. (Like you can squeeze it without it falling apart.)
- Put the pieces in the food processor and puree to desired consistency.
- Put into ice trays and freeze.
Lexi actually liked them! =o) But she still preferred that I mixed her fruit and veggies together.
I was going to try and make nectarines and peaches for Lexi, but it wasn't the season to make them, so I haven't actually given them to her yet! Since she's almost a year old (OMG!) I don't think I need to really make the "baby food". So I won't be writing about those fruits since I didn't have any experience with them. Though, I wish I had! =o)
I'm sure the process is very similar to making melon, just blanching the fruit a little to make it softer.
=o) "Happy Cooking!" as Jacques Pepin says!