Thursday, April 19, 2012

Moving away from Super Pureed food

Print Friendly and PDF So Lexi is at this stage where she doesn't really need the super pureed food anymore, but still needs the food a little softer, since she only have 4 complete teeth and 2 are just budding. So I've been racking my brain to find things that she can mush up in her mouth, but also things that she can feed herself.

On the site that I mentioned way at the beginning has some finger foods which I made and tried to give to Lexi. She wasn't really enjoying them. The one thing she kind of liked was the broccoli and cheese bites. But again, I will need to try to feed her those things again. So I made the turkey meatloaf (as I call it, I forget what it was called on the website), the baked tofu squares, and broccoli bites. I ate them all and thought they were pretty good.. haha =o) Anyway, besides these things, it has been hard to decide what to feed Lexi.

Since my doctor, at the 9 month appointment, literally said "anything goes" for food, I've been giving her a whole bunch of stuff to eat. Pretty much table food at this point.

So all I do is cut up everything large enough that she was feed herself, but small enough so that she won't choke on it. Recently I made velveeta shells and cheese, cut up some meatballs, and threw some broccoli pieces in. She LOVED this! =o)

I'm trying to come up with new and exciting food, since Lexi seems to get bored with the same thing over and over again ( I wonder where she got that from?? haha.. i'm the same way). If I think of some cool ideas, I will let you know!! =o)

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment