These are perfect for St.Patty's Day, but of course, these are good for any time as well. =o)
Recipe Adapted From: Skinny Taste
Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting
Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake w frosting • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 188.9 • Fat: 6.3 g • Protein: 3.3 g • Carb: 31.1 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Sugar: 19.4 g
Sodium: 214.3 mg (without salt)
For the Bailey's frosting:
- 5.5 oz 1/3 less fat Philly Cream Cheese, softened (I found that using real cream cheese made a thicker frosting, but it's up to you.)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (I had to use more since the icing consistency was not thick enough for me. I would have at least 1 - 1 1/2 cups just in case.)
- 4 tsp Bailey's Irish Cream
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 7 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup stout (And the rest is for the baker =o)
- 4 oz unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil (I used vegetable oil, I don't really like canola oil.)
- cooking spray
1) Combine all the frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until smooth with an electric mixer. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2) Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with 12 liners and lightly spray liners with oil (to prevent sticking).
3) In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients; sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
4) In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients (egg through canola oil) and beat until smooth.
5) With a mixer, slowly add the sifted flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into cupcake liners and bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
6) I love decorating my cupcakes so I used Green Sugar Crystals (You know, for the Irish Twist) and candy pearls. Decorate anyway you'd like. =o)